Saturday 2 April 2011

Poster Final Design

Due to both problems of the uploading of my short film, it meant that I was unable to use still shots/frames from my short film for the poster. I therefore had to use an image which I had available, but would still be effective for a poster.

Therefore used one of the images from the wilting flower. It had originally been one of my designs for the poster and as a design would relate back well to my short film and its use of symbolism.
I created the poster using the program
                  Serif PhotoPlus 11.

This enabled me to improve the colour of the poster, and to also incorporate and add all of the other elements of film posters to be added.

Here are the two versions of the wilting flower design.

Poster Comparison

I also got some audience feedback on which one they thought was more effective. 
 

I decided to agree with the majority of audience feedback, and go with Poster design idea 1. This was because even though they were not evident within some of the short film posters which I analysed,  I though that through the use of the film reviews/star rating,  it had a more professional feel and would be more beneficial for the success in advertisement for my film (as I found in my original audience research). I additionally thought that aesthetically, this one was more appealing so would therefore be better at advertising my short film to its audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment