Tuesday 29 March 2011

Location

Locations with films in general are very crucial in making the plot of the film believable and realistic to their audience.They need to be accessible to their audience and easily recognisable, setting up the scene.

With the research on audience which I previously carried out on my TMG (Target market group), I will need to make sure that the locations which I choose are not too specific as this could decrease the number of people in which my short film would appeal to. 

Even though the locations which I have located are primarily situated within a school, they are not too obvious. As a result, it makes it more accessible to a larger audeince.

The locations which I have chosen include;
  • School hallway, outside the Coffee bar
  • Toilets
  • School hallway near exit 
  • House landing 
  • Bedroom 
School hallway, outside the Coffee bar


This location was used for it lighting as it was bright and had both natural and artificial lighting. This was important as it was used for the 1st bully scene. Due to the fact that the real world clips were desaturated and turned into black and white, I wanted the 1st bully scene to be lighter. My overall intentions were to have each bully scene progressively getting darker and darker in light, so that the scenes would match. The reasons for this, was because I wanted it to be symbolic for the unhappiness and the state of mind of my protagonist to be getting darker and more unhappy and unable to cope.

Toilets


The toilets were used, because they are a global feature, so it meant that people all over the world would be able to relate to the situation and concept of bullying with within toilets.
Additionally, the tile pattern on the walls, I thought, would be an effective visual on screen, especially when edited in post production to turn it into black and white.


School hallway near exit 



This location was used because of its limited lighting. As I have previously mentioned, I wanted the bully scenes to progressively get darker throughout my short film. I therefore thought that this was an effective location to achieve this. Moreover, the fact that the scene was back light, meant that it created shadow in the characters, which I believed would enhance the artistic feel to my short film.
I additionally thought that the use of the stairs was an effective concept, and believed that this could be used to imply the level of hierarchy between characters within the film.

House landing  and Bedroom


<images>

Both these locations were also used for their global use. Everybody will be able to relate to the idea of the sanctuary of bedroom and the fact that they are considered people's 'safe place' and 'haven', away from the rest of the world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment