Tuesday 29 March 2011

Symbolism - Flower

PLAN 
My plan was to include the images of a wilting flower.  It showed the way in which a flower dies when it has no water, and as a result starts to wilt.
I placed a flower within a waterless vase and set up the camera so that the flower was central within the frame. I then manually set up the focus of the lens so that the flower is in focus. 
To start with, I took a picture of the flower every 30 minutes as the flower still had a supply of water stored within its stem.  When the flower started to lose it original shape, I then altered the time within shots and shortened it to every 10 minutes. Finally, when dramatic differences started to occur I started to take pictures every 4 minutes. The overall process of obtaining this scene took the duration of 15 hours. 

Originally, I had a natural lighting for the scene, however the result of the shot was not effective as I had originally hoped, I then set up a lampshade which was directed at the flower. With this I also ensured that the flash of the camera was turned off. As a result it made the shot much more effective and professional. To control the extraneous variables of the lighting further, I closed the curtains. This then meant that I had complete control of the lighting, meaning that the artificial lighting I created was constant throughout all of the shots. 


This was the original set up for the shot. It used natural lighting and was not zoomed in.


This was the second set up for the shot. The camera had been zoomed in, but the overall effect of the shot was not effective.


This was the next set up for the shot, it had artificial lighting, but the flash on the camera was on. It still did not create my desired effect. 


This was the final set up for the shot, the camera had been zoomed in so that the petals of the flower were in the top third of the frame. It also had artificial lighting without the cameras flash. It achieved the effective and professional appearance which I wanted.




No comments:

Post a Comment